Friday, February 6, 2009

A note from India


Dear InterPlayers,

My name is Vikrant, I am Dr. Kanan's husband. Yup, the really zany, creative and intelligent doc with a personality to match. ;) She really had a great time in your company the other day. What with shopping in Lokhandwala and eating at High Point

She has asked me to send you some of the photographs of the Interplay workshop in which she participated. I was a spectator but I really had this urge to jump up and join in the fun!!

What is really funny is that I am a reserved person by nature but on stage when I have to do something I just shine. Father Prashant observed that when I had done 2 Interplay workshops with him the last time. He is a great Interplay leader. I missed the big Interplay workshop, but hopefully next year when you come back ( I really hope you do) I will there taking part this time around.

Just wanted to let you know that you guys are doing a great job. Please keep the same up. I am sure you must have noticed that in the villages the people participated with childlike glee while in the cities the people are more uptight. Innocence is lost here, in the villages they really dance like no one's watching!!

Keep in touch and spread the joy like interplay.

Warmly,

Vikrant and Kanan
--
If a nation loses its storytellers, it loses its childhood. -- Peter Handke

No comments: